Managing Economic Development Organizations
IEDC Managing Economic Development Organizations Course
June 13th to 14th, 2018
This advanced course will focus on the key principles and practices of professional management in economic development. It will define excellence in economic development and explain the fundamentals of managing for results, outcome-based performance, organizational assessment, stakeholder identification, vision and mission scope, organizational culture and more. Also, participants will learn how to engage their board or council, staff and community stakeholders, constituents, and customers to achieve results in job creation, tax-base stabilization and community growth and development. Since EDOs differ from one another depending on their available resources, location, and mission, this course is designed to equip a leader of any organization to make the right decisions.
Click here to view the Agenda.
Click here to register now!
- Outcome-based management and performance
- Managing conflict and developing a statement of ethics
- Understanding and evaluating the EDOs core competencies
- Serving the customer and measuring customer satisfaction
- Improving knowledge management and internal processes
- Working with board/city council members, staff and community stakeholders
- Team building, determining hiring needs, and managing budgets
- Leveraging existing resources and working with regional organizations